Local Animal Welfare Professionals and Volunteers Honored at 2017 Humaneitarian Awards
The Annual Awards Ceremony Recognizes Life-Saving Work on Behalf of Pets
SALEM, Ore. ─ April 26, 2017 ─ In honor of their life-saving work on behalf of pets, eight local animal welfare professionals and volunteers were recognized at the 11th annual Humaneitarian Awards on the evening of Tuesday, April 25.
Hosted annually by Willamette Humane Society, the Humaneitarian Awards celebrate individuals who have made significant contributions to improving the lives of animals in Marion and Polk counties. Recipients of the 2017 Humaneitarian Awards included:
- Andrea Ford, Operation Safe Canine Animal Rescue (OSCAR)
- Bob Parker, Fences for Fido
- Charlotte Parsegian, Marion County Dog Services
- Susan Varner, Marion County Dog Services
- Diane Young, Salem Dogs
- Jeanie Sloan, Salem Friends of Felines
- Rosa Schroen, Willamette Humane Society
- Jacqui Jenkins, Willamette Humane Society
This year, honorees were nominated anonymously by their peers and each participating organization hosted its own independent selection process. Award recipients were recognized at a public award ceremony and reception, sponsored by Roth’s Fresh Market and Salem Electric, on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at Roth’s Fresh Market Event Center in West Salem.
Callie Gisler, Communications Manager
Willamette Humane Society
503-585-5900, ext. 308
About Willamette Humane Society
Willamette Humane Society, located in Salem, Ore., was founded in 1965 by local civic leaders to serve communities in Marion and Polk counties. The organization is dedicated to establishing, maintaining and enhancing the bond between companion animals and people, serving more than 8,870 pets and 51,280 people in its last fiscal year. Willamette Humane Society provides essential services and programs such as adoption and sheltering, behavior and training, youth programs and a low-cost spay and neuter clinic. The shelter is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and supported by more than 60 employees and 1,000 volunteers. For more information about Willamette Humane Society, visit whs4pets.org.
Latest posts by Callie Gisler (see all)
- Join us at PetSmart Salem for Another National Adoption Weekend (September 14-16)! - September 14, 2018
- Join us for Bowser’s Boo Bash on October 27, 2018 - September 7, 2018
- Subaru Loves Pets & National Clear the Shelter Adoption Event (August 18-19, 2018) - August 13, 2018