Employment at Willamette Humane
Willamette Humane Society wants to be the best place possible for the people (and pets) that work at the shelter. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit package to our employees. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
All staff members are eligible for:
- Programs that support you as a person and employee—Comprehensive paid time off program, access to our Employee Assistance Program, employee appreciation awards, and professional development opportunities.
- Discounts on the things you need as a person and passionate pet lover—Shopping at our thrift store, adoptions, training classes, youth programs, and more.
- Discounts from our community partners and other retailers, including vet services through VCA Animal Hospital and cell phone plans through Verizon.
- Support for your own four-legged family members— Access to spay and neuter services, free end-of-life services, self-service dog wash station, and access to the WHS Guardian Angels program with no donation requirement.
Employees meeting eligibility requirements may participate in:
- Employer-paid health, dental, vision, life, and accidental death insurance for employees.
- 401(k) Retirement Program with generous employer match.
- Affordable accident, disability and critical illness insurance policies, plus the option to purchase additional voluntary life and accidental death coverage through payroll deduction.
- A pet-friendly work environment.
- Paid holidays.