Springtime is here and we are already preparing for the wave of fuzzy cuteness that will soon flood the shelter. You guessed it. Late April marks the unofficial beginning of kitten season.
Want to help us ring in this year’s kitten season? You can donate essential kitten supplies such as wet food (pate style), powdered Kitten Milk Replacer (KMR) and kitten bottles. Donations can be made directly at the shelter or left at our partnering businesses and organizations throughout the Salem-Keizer area:
○ VCA Salem Animal Hospital, 4053 Commercial St SE
○ Santiam Brewing, 2544 19th St SE
○ Umpqua Bank Branches, 245 Commercial St SE and 2710 Commercial St SE
○ South Salem Pet Supply, 4695 Commercial St SE
○ Salem Pet Supply, 3185 Market St NE
○ Nature’s Pet Market, 4555 Liberty Rd S, Ste 130
○ Sale Veterinary Emergency Clinic, 3215 Market St NE
Then join us on Saturday, April 29 from 2 to 4 p.m. for our annual Kitten Shower event in the Willamette Humane Society Education Hall for snacks, games, and of course, plenty of kittens.
Are you a business that would like to host a kitten season donation site? Email WHS team member Meredith at email@example.com.