The Original Food Truck Frenzy is back—presented by Re/Max! Join us for the Original Food Truck Frenzy on Friday, September 29 from 5-8 p.m. The event will feature some of Salem’s favorite food trucks, as well as two dog playgroups, Santiam Brewing beer, music and more.
This is a family-friendly event (dog-friendly, too)! We encourage you to bring chairs or blankets and make it a picnic. Enjoy dinner, music and support WHS pets! Food truck tips will be donated to the shelter. In addition, Santiam Brewing will donate a portion of sales. Here is a list of our current food trucks:
- Cindy Lou’s BBQ
- Chad’s Smokin BBQ
- Tacos El Machin
- JT’s Taqueria
- Jenuine Desserts
- Island Girl’s Lunchbox
- Bleu Belle Mobile Kitchen
- So Cheesy
- On Any Sundae
- Dough on the go
- Nanay’s Ba-Hi
Come early to grab a parking spot and get ahead of the dinner rush. We’re pleased to offer parking at the shelter, as well as the Garmin parking lot right up the road (2345 Turner Rd SE). A free shuttle will be available to take you to and from the Garmin parking lot during the entire event — running every 10 minutes.
Planning to join us for a monitored pup play group that day?
1. To ensure the safety and fun of all, be prepared to:
Observe all rules and instruction provided at the event.
Fill out a liability waiver.
Keep distance between leashed dogs to prevent greetings while waiting for play time!
Stick around if your dog is playing. Owners may accompany their dogs in the Mellow Yard. Only playgroup attendants may be in the Rowdy Yard.
2. If your dog normally wears a choke, pinch, or shock collar, please make sure to bring a regular nylon collar to wear in the yard. All correction collars will be removed before entry.
3. This playgroup is not for dogs who have a history of aggression to people or dogs, handling sensitivity, resource guarding, or fear of people or dogs. The playgroup attendants have discretion whether to allow a dog in a yard and when to remove a dog.
Latest posts by Callie Gisler (see all)
- Career Opportunity — Education and Outreach Coordinator — Part-time - December 7, 2018
- Dog Owners, Join us for Fido’s Holiday Survival Guide on December 8th - December 7, 2018
- Shelter, Clinic and Thrift Store Closures in December - December 7, 2018