At Willamette Humane Society, our work is dedicated to providing compassionate services for pets and people. Join our staff of animal welfare professionals.
The Volunteer Coordinator’s (VC) primary role is to schedule volunteers and outreach events and to assist with recruiting and onboarding volunteers. The VC also provides a range of administrative support to the volunteer program. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Master Volunteer Schedule Monitor schedule to ensure that … Continue reading
The Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) is responsible for the daily care of all surgical patients, assisting the veterinarian with surgical and anesthetic procedures, and for leading the veterinary assistants, receptionist, and volunteers to accomplish their daily operational duties. Continue reading
A complete application package will include:
- A completed and signed WHS job application form, available in electronic form online, or as a PDF form to download.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the relevant position.
- A résumé of your educational background and professional experience.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTEDOnline Application
Hint: Before filling in pdf forms, download and save to your device, and edit in Adobe PDF Reader to enable saving data.
Willamette Humane Society (WHS) provides a comprehensive benefit package for regular full-time employees (35 or more hours per week). Some benefits are also available to regular part-time employees.
This summary of benefits is subject to change and to final interpretation from the benefit contract and/or the WHS Employee Handbook.
- A team-centered, fun, and professional work environment
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and ability
- Paid time off: holiday and PTO
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental and Life Insurance (dependent coverage available at the employee’s expense)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- A drug-free workplace commitment
- Flex time scheduling (where possible)
- Direct Deposit
- Discounts at Davenport’s Den and WHS Thrift Store
- Discounts for Behavior & Training Classes
- Reduced-Fee Adoptions for Eligible Employees
- Participation in the Guardian Angel Program
- End of Life Services for Pets
- Self-service dog wash
- Employee of the quarter
- The ability to bring pets to work with supervisor approval