At Willamette Humane Society, our work is dedicated to providing compassionate services for pets and people. Join our staff of animal welfare professionals.
The Thrift Store Assistant (TSA) assists the public in all aspects of the retail environment and supports the thrift store managers in the daily operations of the thrift store. Continue reading
The Shelter Certified Veterinary Technician (SCVT) is responsible for ensuring the health of the animals in WHS care. Assesses the health of each animal, maintains records, and ensures that each animal receives appropriate care including vaccinations, medical treatments, and medications. On occasion, the SCVT will … Continue reading
A complete application package will include:
- A completed WHS job application form, available in electronic form online.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the relevant position.
- A résumé of your educational background and professional experience.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT.
You must submit a new application package each time a position is advertised, even if you applied to a similar advertisement in the past. In addition, job applications are not accepted unless a position is open. Unsolicited application packages will be discarded.Online Application
Willamette Humane Society (WHS) provides a comprehensive benefit package for regular full-time employees (35 or more hours per week). Some benefits are also available to regular part-time employees.
This summary of benefits is subject to change and to final interpretation from the benefit contract and/or the WHS Employee Handbook.
- A team-centered, fun, and professional work environment
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and ability
- Paid time off: holiday and PTO
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental and Life Insurance (dependent coverage available at the employee’s expense)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- A drug-free workplace commitment
- Flex time scheduling (where possible)
- Direct Deposit
- Discounts at Davenport’s Den and WHS Thrift Store
- Discounts for Behavior & Training Classes
- Reduced-Fee Adoptions for Eligible Employees
- Participation in the Guardian Angel Program
- End of Life Services for Pets
- Self-service dog wash
- Employee of the quarter
- The ability to bring pets to work with supervisor approval