At Willamette Humane Society, our work is dedicated to providing compassionate services for pets and people. Join our staff of animal welfare professionals.
The Community Cat Coordinator (CCC) is responsible for organizing and growing the Marion Polk Community Cat Program’s (MPCCP) Trap, Neuter and Return services for all unowned cats in targeted areas. Continue reading
The Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) is responsible for the daily care of all surgical patients, assisting the veterinarian with surgical and anesthetic procedures, and for leading the veterinary assistants, receptionist, and volunteers to accomplish their daily operational duties. Continue reading
The Volunteer Program Intern works with the volunteer manager in learning opportunities for volunteer scheduling and database management. In this role, you’ll learn office procedures, how to interview and match skills and talents, and how a specialized database organizes the schedules and service of a thousand volunteers. Continue reading
A complete application package will include:
- A completed and signed WHS job application form.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the relevant position.
- A résumé of your educational background and professional experience.
You can also pick up an application at the shelter:
4246 Turner Road SE
Hint: Before filling in pdf forms, download and save to your device, and edit in Adobe PDF Reader to enable saving data.
Willamette Humane Society (WHS) provides a comprehensive benefit package for regular full-time employees (35 or more hours per week). Some benefits are also available to regular part-time employees.
This summary of benefits is subject to change and to final interpretation from the benefit contract and/or the WHS Employee Handbook.
- A team-centered, fun, and professional work environment
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and ability
- Paid time off: holiday, vacation, and sick leave
- 100% employee coverage for health and dental insurance (dependent coverage available at the employee’s expense)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Opportunities for advancement
- A drug-free workplace commitment
- Flex time scheduling (where possible)
- Direct Deposit
- Discounts at Davenport’s Den and WHS Thrift Store
- Discounts for Behavior & Training Classes
- Reduced-Fee Adoptions for Eligible Employees
- A staff lounge
- Participation in the Guardian Angel Program
- End of Life Services for Pets
- Self-service dog wash
- Employee of the quarter
- The ability to bring pets to work with supervisor approval