At Willamette Humane Society, our work is dedicated to providing compassionate services for pets and people. Join our staff of animal welfare professionals.
The Medical Coordinator (MC), under the direction of the Shelter Veterinarian, provides care, treatment, and record keeping for the physical and mental health of the animals at Willamette Humane Society. Continue reading
POSITION The Animal Welfare Specialist (AWS) is responsible for ensuring a safe and healthful environment for the animals, staff, volunteers and visitors to our shelter. The AWS must demonstrate, mentor, and reinforce WHS values, principles and mission-driven culture. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The AWS shall … Continue reading
The Volunteer Program Intern works with the volunteer manager in learning opportunities for volunteer scheduling and database management. In this role, you’ll learn office procedures, how to interview and match skills and talents, and how a specialized database organizes the schedules and service of a thousand volunteers. Continue reading
A complete application package will include:
- A completed and signed WHS job application form, available in electronic form online, as a pdf form to download, or at the shelter to pickup.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the relevant position.
- A résumé of your educational background and professional experience.
You can also pick up an application at the shelter:
4246 Turner Road SE
Hint: Before filling in pdf forms, download and save to your device, and edit in Adobe PDF Reader to enable saving data.
Willamette Humane Society (WHS) provides a comprehensive benefit package for regular full-time employees (35 or more hours per week). Some benefits are also available to regular part-time employees.
This summary of benefits is subject to change and to final interpretation from the benefit contract and/or the WHS Employee Handbook.
- A team-centered, fun, and professional work environment
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and ability
- Paid time off: holiday, vacation, and sick leave
- 100% employee coverage for health and dental insurance (dependent coverage available at the employee’s expense)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Opportunities for advancement
- A drug-free workplace commitment
- Flex time scheduling (where possible)
- Direct Deposit
- Discounts at Davenport’s Den and WHS Thrift Store
- Discounts for Behavior & Training Classes
- Reduced-Fee Adoptions for Eligible Employees
- A staff lounge
- Participation in the Guardian Angel Program
- End of Life Services for Pets
- Self-service dog wash
- Employee of the quarter
- The ability to bring pets to work with supervisor approval