At Willamette Humane Society, our work is dedicated to providing compassionate services for pets and people. Join our staff of animal welfare professionals.
POSITION The Intake Specialist (IS) is primarily responsible for ensuring all customers receive exceptional customer service. The IS provides complete information about Willamette Humane Society (WHS) surrender policy, pet care, assisting with adoptions, and resource services. The IS must demonstrate, mentor, and reinforce WHS values, … Continue reading
The Adoptions Specialist (AS) is primarily responsible for ensuring all customers receive exceptional customer service. The AS provides complete information about Willamette Humane Society (WHS) adoption policy and about the animal the customer is interested in adopting. Performs the pre-adoption counseling, oversees pet visitation and follows adoption process through completion. The AS must demonstrate, mentor, and reinforce WHS values, principles and mission-driven culture. Continue reading
Willamette Humane Society has an opening for a Veterinary Assistant position in the Spay & Neuter Clinic. The Veterinary Assistant (VA) is responsible for the daily care of all surgical patients, assisting the veterinarian and technician with surgical and anesthetic procedures as well as general housekeeping. Continue reading
The Animal Welfare Specialist (AWS) is responsible for ensuring a safe and healthful environment for the animals, staff, volunteers and visitors to our shelter. The AWS must demonstrate, mentor, and reinforce WHS values, principles and mission-driven culture. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The AWS shall perform … Continue reading
The Animal Welfare Technician (AWT) assists the shelter veterinarian with duties involved in dispensing medication and monitoring behavior, emotional and physical health of all shelter animals. Continue reading
POSITION The Animal Welfare Supervisor (AWS) oversees all aspects of behavior, emotional and physical health of all shelter animals. The AWS must demonstrate, mentor, and reinforce Willamette Humane Society (WHS) values, principles and mission-driven culture. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The AWS is responsible for monitoring the … Continue reading
The Intake Specialist provides complete information about Willamette Humane Society surrender policy, pet care, and resource services to the public. Continue reading
The Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) is responsible for the daily care of all surgical patients, assisting the veterinarian with surgical and anesthetic procedures, and for leading the veterinary assistants, receptionist, and volunteers to accomplish their daily operational duties. Continue reading
The Volunteer Program Intern works with the volunteer manager in learning opportunities for volunteer scheduling and database management. In this role, you’ll learn office procedures, how to interview and match skills and talents, and how a specialized database organizes the schedules and service of a thousand volunteers. Continue reading
A complete application package will include:
- A completed and signed WHS job application form, available in electronic form online, as a pdf form to download, or at the shelter to pickup.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the relevant position.
- A résumé of your educational background and professional experience.
You can also pick up an application at the shelter:
4246 Turner Road SE
Hint: Before filling in pdf forms, download and save to your device, and edit in Adobe PDF Reader to enable saving data.
Willamette Humane Society (WHS) provides a comprehensive benefit package for regular full-time employees (35 or more hours per week). Some benefits are also available to regular part-time employees.
This summary of benefits is subject to change and to final interpretation from the benefit contract and/or the WHS Employee Handbook.
- A team-centered, fun, and professional work environment
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and ability
- Paid time off: holiday, vacation, and sick leave
- 100% employee coverage for health and dental insurance (dependent coverage available at the employee’s expense)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Opportunities for advancement
- A drug-free workplace commitment
- Flex time scheduling (where possible)
- Direct Deposit
- Discounts at Davenport’s Den and WHS Thrift Store
- Discounts for Behavior & Training Classes
- Reduced-Fee Adoptions for Eligible Employees
- A staff lounge
- Participation in the Guardian Angel Program
- End of Life Services for Pets
- Self-service dog wash
- Employee of the quarter
- The ability to bring pets to work with supervisor approval