At Willamette Humane Society, our work is dedicated to providing compassionate services for pets and people. Join our staff of animal welfare professionals.
POSITION The Foster and Rescue Coordinator (FRC) works in cooperation with shelter staff to increase our capacity for care and minimize euthanasia. The FRC maintains a volunteer foster force that offers temporary housing in homes in the community. The FRC also maintains working relationships with … Continue reading
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION The Development & Community Relations Director (DCRD) is responsible for advancing fundraising and resources for the organization through community relations, communications and marketing, volunteer resources, and fundraising. As a member of the leadership team, the DCRD must consistently exemplify, mentor, and … Continue reading
A complete application package will include:
- A completed and signed WHS job application form, available in electronic form online.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the relevant position.
- A résumé of your educational background and professional experience.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
You must submit a new application package each time a position is advertised, even if you applied to a similar advertisement in the past. In addition, job applications are not accepted unless a position is open. Unsolicited application packages will be discarded.Online Application
Willamette Humane Society (WHS) provides a comprehensive benefit package for regular full-time employees (35 or more hours per week). Some benefits are also available to regular part-time employees.
This summary of benefits is subject to change and to final interpretation from the benefit contract and/or the WHS Employee Handbook.
- A team-centered, fun, and professional work environment
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and ability
- Paid time off: holiday and PTO
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental and Life Insurance (dependent coverage available at the employee’s expense)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- A drug-free workplace commitment
- Flex time scheduling (where possible)
- Direct Deposit
- Discounts at Davenport’s Den and WHS Thrift Store
- Discounts for Behavior & Training Classes
- Reduced-Fee Adoptions for Eligible Employees
- Participation in the Guardian Angel Program
- End of Life Services for Pets
- Self-service dog wash
- Employee of the quarter
- The ability to bring pets to work with supervisor approval