At Willamette Humane Society, our work is dedicated to providing compassionate services for pets and people. Join our staff of animal welfare professionals.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION The Development & Community Relations Director (DCRD) is responsible for advancing fundraising and resources for the organization through community relations, communications and marketing, volunteer resources, and fundraising. As a member of the leadership team, the DCRD must consistently exemplify, mentor, and … Continue reading
Position Description Communications Intern Willamette Humane Society (WHS) is looking for a rising communications, public relations or marketing student to join our team as a Communications Intern. This position will support all aspects of WHS’s strategic communications efforts, including public relations, marketing, and social media. … Continue reading
A complete application package will include:
- A completed and signed WHS job application form, available in electronic form online, or as a PDF form to download.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the relevant position.
- A résumé of your educational background and professional experience.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTEDOnline Application
Hint: Before filling in pdf forms, download and save to your device, and edit in Adobe PDF Reader to enable saving data.
Willamette Humane Society (WHS) provides a comprehensive benefit package for regular full-time employees (35 or more hours per week). Some benefits are also available to regular part-time employees.
This summary of benefits is subject to change and to final interpretation from the benefit contract and/or the WHS Employee Handbook.
- A team-centered, fun, and professional work environment
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and ability
- Paid time off: holiday and PTO
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental and Life Insurance (dependent coverage available at the employee’s expense)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- A drug-free workplace commitment
- Flex time scheduling (where possible)
- Direct Deposit
- Discounts at Davenport’s Den and WHS Thrift Store
- Discounts for Behavior & Training Classes
- Reduced-Fee Adoptions for Eligible Employees
- Participation in the Guardian Angel Program
- End of Life Services for Pets
- Self-service dog wash
- Employee of the quarter
- The ability to bring pets to work with supervisor approval