At Willamette Humane Society, our work is dedicated to providing compassionate services for pets and people. Join our staff of animal welfare professionals.
The Willamette Humane Society (WHS) located in Salem, Oregon is looking for a qualified, self-motivated, energetic, organized, and outgoing individual with compassion for animals. We’re a team of 60+ staff and over 700 volunteers working jointly to achieve our mission: establishing, maintaining, and enhancing the … Continue reading
The Willamette Humane Society (WHS) located in Salem, Oregon is looking for a qualified, self-motivated, energetic, organized, and outgoing individual with compassion for animals.We’re a team of 60+ staff and over 700 volunteers working jointly to achieve our mission: establishing, maintaining, and enhancing the bond … Continue reading
Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) – Clinic & Shelter Part-time to Full-time, depending on preference The Willamette Humane Society (WHS) located in Salem, Oregon is looking for qualified, self-motivated, energetic, organized, and outgoing individual with compassion for animals. We’re an organization of passionate people working together … Continue reading
A complete application package will include:
- A completed WHS job application form, available in electronic form online.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the relevant position.
- A résumé of your educational background and professional experience.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT.
You must submit a new application package each time a position is advertised, even if you applied to a similar advertisement in the past. In addition, job applications are not accepted unless a position is open. Unsolicited application packages will be discarded.Online Application
Willamette Humane Society wants to be the best place possible for the people (and pets) that work at the shelter. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit package to our employees.
All staff members are eligible for:
- Programs that support you as a person and employee—Comprehensive paid time off program, including personal and sick time, access to our Employee Assistance Program, monthly staff lunches, employee appreciation awards, and professional development opportunities.
- Discounts on the things you need as a person and passionate pet lover—Shopping at our pet store and thrift store, adoptions, pet medical care and supplies, training classes, youth programs, and more.
- Discounts from our community partners and other retailers, including vet services through VCA Animal Hospital and cell phone plans through Verizon.
- Support for your own four-legged family members—Discounted pet insurance, access to spay and neuter services, free end-of-life services, self-service dog wash station, and access to the WHS Guardian Angels program with no donation requirement.
Employees meeting eligibility requirements may participate in:
- Employer-paid health, dental, vision, life, and accidental death insurance for employees.
- 401(k) Retirement Program with generous employer match.
- Affordable accident, disability and critical illness insurance policies, plus the option to purchase additional voluntary life and accidental death coverage through payroll deduction.
- A pet-friendly work environment where every day is “Bring you pet to work day.”
- Paid holidays.