You know the saying: “April showers bring May Meowers!” Willamette Humane Society is already preparing for the wave of fuzzy cuteness that will soon flood the shelter with the unofficial beginning of kitten season—and you’re invited to join in the fun!
Join us with the family on Saturday, April 28 from 2 to 4 p.m. for our annual Kitten Shower event in the Willamette Humane Society Education Hall (4246 Turner Road SE, Salem, OR 97317) for snacks, games, and of course, plenty of kittens. Thank you to Roth’s Fresh Market for providing tasty cupcakes and punch, making this year’s kitten shower extra sweet.
Or enjoy kitten snuggles and beer during our Kitten Meet-and-Greet at Santiam Brewing (2544 19th St SE, Salem, OR 97302) on Friday, April 27 starting at 5 p.m. with kittens from 6 to 8 p.m. For every pint or growler sold, Santiam Brewing will donate $1 to Willamette Humane Society to help give kittens a healthy start in their new lives. Bring a friend to enjoy good food, good drinks, and plenty of kitten cuddles. Santiam Brewing is family-friendly and kid-friendly, but please leave your four-legged family members at home. Registered service animals are always welcome!
Can’t make it to one of our two Kitten Showers? You can still donate essential kitten supplies such as powdered Kitten Milk Replacer (KMR), Snuggle Safe microwavable discs, Royal Canin food (Mom & Babycat, both canned & dry), and alcohol-free baby wipes. Donations can be made directly at the shelter or left at our partnering businesses and organizations throughout the Salem-Keizer area:
- Garmin (2345 Turner Rd SE)
- Capitol Subaru (3235 Cherry Ave NE)
- Capitol Toyota (783 Auto Group Ave NE)
- Willamette Humane Society (4246 Turner Road SE)
- Santiam Brewing (2544 19th St SE)
Are you a business that would like to host a kitten season donation site? Email us at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Callie Gisler (see all)
- Looking Back on the “Let’s Settle” Program—And The Cats it Saved - November 20, 2018
- Willamette Humane Society and Capitol Subaru Team Up in 2018 National Share the Love Campaign - November 16, 2018
- Share the Love with Local Pets and Subaru This Holiday Season - November 16, 2018