Willamette Humane Society understands the difficulties of losing a beloved family pet. That is why the shelter hosts a monthly pet loss support group for pet owners and their families. Certified Pet Loss Counselor Hilda Angell is trained to aid those who are struggling with the anticipatory grief and emotional aftermath of losing a pet.
From unexpected passing to requesting end-of-life services due to illness or behavior, letting go of an animal weighs heavily on our hearts. It can even make us second-guess the difficult role we play as pet owners.
Willamette Humane Society and Hilda can guide you through the process of productive grieving and help you reach a place of peace and resolution.
Join Hilda for her free monthly pet loss support group—hosted by Willamette Humane Society. The group meets the first Sunday of every month at 5 p.m.
Hosted in the Willamette Humane Society Education Hall (4246 Turner Road SE in Salem, Oregon).
Visit our free monthly support group for help with:
- Grief related to pet loss or death
- Decisions to surrender or rehome a pet
- End of life decisions and pet quality of life
- Helping children deal with difficulties of pet loss
- Surrendering pets due to pet behavior, health, or finances
- Coping with the stages of grief
Please call 503-804-9330 for questions or to RSVP for the group meeting.
He loved to hear new ideas and work on projects that improve the way Willamette Humane Society provides compassionate services to pets and people.
Latest posts by Jay (see all)
- Career Opportunity: Thrift Store Assistant- Part Time - June 21, 2017
- Pet Loss and Bereavement Support Group - August 26, 2016
- Poké-Hour at Willamette Humane Society - July 14, 2016