We appreciate your willingness to open your heart and home to homeless animals. Your dedication allows our organization to rescue animals we would not otherwise have the resources to adopt out.
The guiding mission of the Foster Care Program is to give animals individualized care, training and socialization to prepare them for adoption. Additionally, information gathered during the foster process helps us place animals in homes and with families who can best meet their needs.
Specific goals of the program include:
- Providing a safe, healthy, nurturing environment for nursing cats and dogs, as well as puppies and kittens too young to be in the shelter.
- Providing behavioral and obedience training to dogs and puppies.
- Giving our long-term residents time away from the shelter in a home setting.
- Socializing shy or timid cats and dogs.
- Allowing sick or injured cats and dogs to heal in a relaxing, uplifting environment.