If you are interested in adopting an animal, but unable to immediately complete the adoption process you may place a hold on an adoptable pet for $10.
- You must complete an adoption application before placing a hold. Your application must be reviewed and approved by WHS adoption staff.
- Holds cannot be placed over the phone for kittens, puppies or foster pets. If you are interested in one of these animals, please visit the shelter.
- The person completing the application must be over 18-years-oold.
- There is a $10 fee to place a hold.
- The hold expires at the close of the next business day OR on the business day after the animal is spayed or neutered.
- Hold fees are non-refundable and do not apply to the adoption fee.
- If you see that a pet is already on hold, you may choose to place a backup hold in the event that the first hold doesn’t lead to an adoption.
- Available animals at WHS may have up to three holds placed by interested adopters, so don’t hesitate to call if you see that a pet you’d like to adopt is already on hold!
To place your hold, please call 503-585-5900 or Contact Adoption Staff
Posted in: Adopting a Pet