WHS Spay & Neuter Clinic uses qualified staffing and approved materials for all procedures performed. It is important for you to understand that the risk of injury or death, although extremely low, is always present just as it is for humans who undergo surgery. Carefully read and understand the following before making an appointment:
I, acting as owner or agent of the pet named above, hereby request and authorize WHS Spay & Neuter Clinic, through whomever veterinarians they may designate, to perform an operation for sexual sterilization of the animal named on the above portion of this form.
- I understand that the operation presents some hazards and that injury to or death of such an animal may conceivably result, for there is some risk in the procedure and the use of anesthetics and drugs in providing this service.
- I either certify that my animal has been vaccinated within one year prior to this date or waive my right to protect my animal by having it vaccinated, or request recommended vaccinations at the time of surgery. I understand that it takes up to two weeks for vaccinations to protect my animal.
- I understand the inherent risks of failing to maintain current vaccinations and waive all claims arising out of or connected with the performance of this operation due to such failure.
- I certify that my animal is in good health and has had no food since 12:00 midnight the evening prior to surgery, unless otherwise instructed.
- I understand that WHS Spay & Neuter Clinic has the right to refuse service to any animal to whom surgery is deemed a health risk.
- I understand that WHS Spay & Neuter Clinic may not perform a complete physical examination before surgery is performed. I also understand that my animal will not receive pre-operative bloodwork at this clinic and that he/she may be at increased risk for complications associated with surgery or any medications given.
- I understand that some factors significantly increase surgical risk and chance of post-operative complications, including but not limited to, pregnancy, heat, obesity, heart murmur and diseases such as Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, Feline Leukemia, and internal or external parasites.
- I understand that if my animal is pregnant, the pregnancy will be terminated at time of surgery.
- I understand that if my animal has live fleas upon presentation, he/she may be given a short-acting flea killing medication.
- I understand that if my animal has an open umbilical hernia, it will be repaired at time of surgery at an additional charge of $15.
- I understand that if I don’t retrieve my pet at the agreed upon time that WHS Spay & Neuter Clinic will exercise its right to turn the animal over to Willamette Humane Society or Marion County Dog Control as allowed by the State of Oregon under Animal Abandonment and Possessory Chattel Lein laws. Owners of pets left after the agreed time and date shall be charged a boarding fee of no less than $10 per night, and their animals will be left unattended in the clinic after closing until staff arrive in the morning.
I hereby release the WHS Spay & Neuter Clinic, Willamette Humane Society, all veterinarians, assistants, volunteers, directors, and employees from any and all claims arising out of or connected with the performance of this procedure or any adverse reactions from vaccinations. I agree that I have not and will not claim any right of compensation from them, or any of them, or file action by reason of such sterilization or attempted sterilization of such animal or any consequences related thereto. Owner/ agent hereby agrees to indemnify and hold WHS Spay & Neuter Clinic harmless for any damages caused during the transportation or handling of the animal, or for any damages caused by any unforeseeable events including fire, vandalism, burglary, extreme weather, natural disasters, or acts of God.
YOUR ANIMAL WILL RECEIVE A SMALL TATTOO ON HIS/HER UNDERSIDE TO SHOW THAT S/HE HAS BEEN STERILIZED.
Posted in: Spay & Neuter