Willamette Humane Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization governed by a volunteer board of directors.
Board Members as of July 2016
- Mel Monroe, President
- Terri Ellen, Vice President
- Shannon Priem, Secretary
- Terry Wade, Treasurer
- Linda West, Past President
- Tracy Crandall
- Jean Dion
- Paula Fordham
- Kate Hager
- Liz Henderson
- Jenny Hudson
- Terri Jackson, DVM
The Board of Directors has the legal responsibility and authority to manage the affairs of the nonprofit corporation. General board responsibilities include:
- Setting the direction and making policies for the organization.
- Raising funds, or making provisions to have adequate organizational resources available.
- Overseeing the finances, including adopting the budget, ensuring that financial safeguards are in place, ensuring that taxes are paid and creditors are provided for.
- Adopting personnel policies for staff.
- Appointing and overseeing the Executive Director to manage the day-to-day activities.
- Linking the organization to the community by helping form relationships.
Contact the board or ask about board service