Abused and Abandoned
If you believe an animal is being physically abused, has been abandoned within the confines of a residence, or is in immediate danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Under Oregon law, animal caregivers must meet what’s known as Minimum Care Standards, which means care sufficient to preserve the health and well-being of the animal. Essentially, it means animals must be provided with potable water, food, shelter, a clean environment, and proper veterinary care.
If you believe minimum care standards are not being met, you should contact your local law enforcement agency. Law enforcement may decide to remove or seize the animal and may place him or her in protective custody with Willamette Humane or another appropriate rescue organization.
- Salem Police Department – (503) 588-6123
- Dallas Police Department – (503) 831-3516
- Keizer Police Department – (503) 390-3713
- Marion County Sheriff’s Office: 503-588-5032
- Polk County Sheriff’s Office: 503-623-9251
Posted in: Animal Abuse & Neglect