Willamette Humane Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization governed by a volunteer board of directors.
Board Members as of August 2018:
Mel Monroe, President
Tracy Crandall, Vice President
Shannon Priem, Secretary
Jenn Smith, Treasurer
Terri Jackson, DVM
Don Judson, DVM
- Erin Pascual
The Board of Directors has the legal responsibility and authority to manage the affairs of the nonprofit corporation. General board responsibilities include:
- Setting the direction and making policies for the organization.
- Raising funds, or making provisions to have adequate organizational resources available.
- Overseeing the finances, including adopting the budget, ensuring that financial safeguards are in place, ensuring that taxes are paid and creditors are provided for.
- Adopting personnel policies for staff.
- Appointing and overseeing the Executive Director to manage the day-to-day activities.
- Linking the organization to the community by helping form relationships.