OHS Salem Wish List
Thank you for thinking of bringing in a gift. Item donations can be dropped off 7 days a week between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the donation bin in front of the shelter. No appointment needed–just leave your donations in the bin! Tax receipts are available.
Not sure what we need? See a list of suggested items below.
We recognize these items range widely in price. Some you might have at home while others might be a purchase on your next shopping trip. Thank you in advance for donating items to support the animals at OHS Salem Campus!
Many of these items are available online from our Amazon.com Wishlist! Be sure to let us know this gift is coming from Amazon so we can thank you for your kindness.
Shop directly for the pets on Amazon
Make All of your Purchases a Donation with the Amazon Smile Program!
Detailed Wish List
Top Needed Items
- Canned cat food, pate preferred
- Kitten milk replacer (KMR)
- Stretch & Scratch — available online here
- Clay litter
- Critter Gloves (medium size preferred)
- Dog treats, made in the USA or Canada in original packaging
- Nylon leashes–washable, 5 to 6 feet, 1-inch and ¾-inch width, bolt style clip
Food and Treats (All food products or treats must be in original packaging)
- Canned dog food—any brand
- Hot dogs—(used as training treats for dogs)
- Squeeze cheese in a can
- Cream cheese
- Crunchy cat treats—any brand
- Pill pockets for dogs—GREENIES brand, available on Amazon
- Pill-masker for cats—Tomlyn brand, available on Amazon
- Mozzarella string cheese
- Training treats—brands such as Cloud Star, Real Meat, Zukes, Etta Says, Plato, Vita Essentials, Natural Instinct, NW Naturals, Stella & Chewys, and Walkabout
- Paper towels
- Long rubber gloves
Cat & Dog Supplies
- Easy-walk front-clip harnesses
- Martingale collars – various sizes
- Snuggle Safe kitten/puppy heating pads
- Dog and cat toys—chew, rope, and food puzzle toys for dogs, washable toys for cats
- Cheap paper plates
- Kongs and food puzzles (for kennel enrichment)
- Wide popsicle sticks, tongue depressors
- Kuranda cat towers for shelter suites
- Kuranda cat bed
- Traditional Halter/Roman style back clip harness (not vest or step-in)
Medical and Exam Supplies
- Microwaveable rice bags (Clinic)
- Fleece covers for rice bags (Clinic)
- Flea treatments (Advantage, Revolution)
- Dixie cups, 5 ounce
- Ziploc baggies (snack, sandwich or gallon size)
- 4-inch gauze squares
- Dog clippers (high quality for shaving)
Items no longer needed at Oregon Humane Society Salem
- Newspaper– For many years, our kennels were lined with newspaper, requiring large quantities on a regular basis. Today, all kennels are lined with donated towels, fleece, or blankets. While we appreciate that our community retains a memory of our past needs, newspapers donated to OHS are now recycled.
- Fleece blankets or material. Thanks to a generous donor we have ample blankets for now, please check back in the future. Thank you.
- Wooden cat towers. We are no longer using wooden/carpet cat towers at the shelter due to our inability to sanitize them. We do still accept them for the Thrift Store.