Want to spend your break having fun, meeting new friends and helping animals in need? Willamette Humane Society offers various camps for youth that encourage learning, compassion and helping your community!
Through engaging lessons, exciting games, crafts, guest speakers and plenty of hands-on animal interactions campers learn responsible pet guardianship, animal training skills, compassion for all and how to be a lifelong animal advocate.
- Ages: Pre-K to 8th Grade
- Campers receive a take-home souvenir and a camp T-shirt
- Must wear closed-toed shoes and pants.
CatAPalooza Kitty Camp (Ages 11-17)
Behaviors include teaching sit, training the kitten to follow a pointing stick (to lead their behavior), teaching the kitten to enter/exit a carrier on their own, and training trick behaviors! The lessons you learn in this camp will allow you to better communicate with our feline friends as well as give you a general understanding of animal training.
This camp is led by cat behavior & training expert, Kristyn Shreve, M.En., a National Science Foundation Graduate Fellow at Oregon State University, as well as guest speakers from Salem Friends of Felines!
- Session 1: July 10 – 14
- Session 2: July 24 – 28
- Time: M-F, 10am – 2pm
- Ages: 11-17
- Cost: $225 – includes camp souvenir and a kitty camp t-shirt!
Note: When selecting the date desired for your session, you are booking the full five days (M-F).
Questions about camp registration? Email Humane Educator Ashley Thomas at email@example.com
Little Paws Camp (Preschool-Kindergarten)
This 2-hour camp includes animal-themed arts and crafts, games and storytime that foster creativity and kindness. Your little animal lover will also learn safety around pets and get to show off their skills with our adorable live animal interactions to brighten up the day of our shelter animals!
Parents are welcome to stay and participate with their young ones. We are offering 12 sessions (six morning and six afternoon to choose from). Each day has an morning session (10:00am – 12:00pm) and afternoon session (1:00pm – 3:00pm) to select from.
- When: June 6, 7, 8 and June 13, 14 and 15
- Cost: $30 – includes take-home projects!
- Ages: 3-6 years (potty trained, please)
Questions about camp registration? Email Humane Educator Ashley Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Paw Paw (Grades 1-6th)
This Summer break, have fun, make new friends, and learn—all while making the world a better place! In this 5 full-day camp, campers will learn all about animal welfare, pet responsibility and the awesomeness of community service while having a blast!
Our camps are packed with animal-themed games, outdoor activities, guest speakers and projects to brighten up the lives of our animals who are awaiting their FURever home. Of course, campers will also gain training skills and give our animals plenty of TLC!
- When: M-F 9:00 – 4:00 pm
- Ages: Sections available for both 1st – 3rd & 4th – 6th grades
- Cost: $190, includes camp t-shirt, take-home projects and a camp souvenir!
The following sessions are available depending on your camper’s grade:
- Session 1: June 19 – 23 for Grades 1st – 3rd
- Session 2: July 17 – 21 for Grades 1st – 3rd
- Session 3: July 31 – August 4 for Grades 1st – 3rd
- Session 4: August 7 – 11 for Grades 4th – 6th
- Session 5: August 14 – 18 for Grades 4th – 6th
- Session 6: August 21 – 25 for Grades 4th – 6th
Questions about camp registration? Email Humane Educator Ashley Thomas at email@example.com.Click Here to Learn More About WHS Summer Camps