Since 1965, your local humane society has been on a mission to establish, maintain and enhance the bond between people and pets in Marion and Polk counties. In 2018-2019, we made amazing strides towards our mission. You helped make these accomplishments possible, including:
- Maintained a combined live release rate of 95% for the second year in a row.
- Matched 2,929 pets with loving families.
- Performed 6,167 surgeries through the WHS Spay and Neuter Clinic, including 1,716 community cats.
- Fostered 1,095 kittens, puppies, dogs and cats through the WHS Foster Program. These pets needed extra time, care, and love before adoption.
- Reached 4,407 children and teens in the community through summer camps, classroom visits, and more, teaching the importance of responsible and compassionate pet ownership.